* Hummingbird’s consume half of their weight in food daily.
* Hummingbirds are found only in North America and South America.
* Hummingbirds travel at an average 25 miles per hour, with wingbeats of anywhere from 10-15 per second in the Giant Hummingbird, up to 80 per minute by the Amethyst Woodstar.
* A hummingbird can starve to death in as little as two hours, if still active.
* Hummingbirds are so small, that an insect, the Praying Mantis is its natural enemy.
* It's the only bird that can hover, and fly backwards as well as straight up or down.
* Hummingbirds can't walk.